Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mixing RAM Models?

Hi, very well I currently have a kingston 512 pc3200 contained by my computer along with a 256 stick that come with the computer. I be debating whether I should get a 1 gb of memory and I be looking at the best buy website when I found that their 1gb was on mart. But the one on sale is a kingston pc2700. My computer IS compatible next to that model, but I was wondering, is it ok to mix model types? Will it still function properly? Thanks within advance.

Mixing RAM Models?

If the artistic 256MB stick is pc2700 your 512 MB pc3200 is also running at pc2700 as the ram singular runs as fast as the slowest memory. If the fastest knock against your puter will support is pc2700 then buying any faster run into would be a waste of money but if your puter can run at pc3200 and that 256 stick is PC2700 tug it and fill your contraption with as much PC3200 as it will thieve: Try this. hit scan my system to see what you have and what upgrades you own as an option.

http://www.crucial.com/
yeah it will work ... ur not going to gain much feel performance anyway is my belief .. and u really should put a matched pair of push in .. if u procure it mixed sometimes u will get spontaneous errors and stops ... and the difference in speed between 2700 and 3200 u will probably not be capable of notice withou a benchmark program ... and if u install a 2700 near 3200 it will all run at 2700 ...
It may work, but it's not a devout idea. If possible, you want the sticks of RAM contained by your computer to all be exactly duplicate for best performance.
It will work if it is compatible beside motherboard. But speed of memory will be the speed that the slowest RAM chip you have within the memory slot.



Therefore it is said to use same RAM chips so that system performance doesn't eat up.


No comments:

Post a Comment