Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My computer won't boot up. How can I fix this?

I own a Crosshair motherboard and an AM2 socket CPU. When I turn on the computer, it stops at the logo screen for the motherboard and won't turn any futher.

My computer won't boot up. How can I fix this?

I would really have to be at hand to try some things...but I can maybe comfort you out a little. Can you hear the knotty drive spinning up? Does it sound similar to the read head is moving around and doing it's livelihood? Does your computer make any unusual noise or restart itself (assuming you leave it alone for a few minutes)? Does your first startup blind show the status of different installed devices? If so, are they all reading ok?



Most promising something has gone awry surrounded by your BIOS (which an expert should really be the one to fix) or your hard drive have died. The hard drive is easier for the average joe to fix, but you'll lose a together bunch of data...unless you do regular backup (which most of us don't).



In any case, best of luck beside your computer.
press f8 when repeatedly as fast as u can when u turn on the computer. Then run to the last correct configuration and press enter.
Unplug and devices attached to your computer, except for the keyboard, mouse, and monitor.

That includes Ethernet and dialup connections.
WEll f8 is a obedient one but me id hit on the delete button and go into the bios. Then usually it is f5 to nouns defaults and afterwards f10 save and exit, If default is different than f5 it will tell you at the bottom on the bios eyeshade.



This will work as long as your not using a raid config.


No comments:

Post a Comment