Friday, September 17, 2010

My computer doesn't read my tough drive?

My computer is a matsonic and i hold a 80gb Western Digital harddrive.My hard drive be working fine but i removed it from my computer to place a different hard drive.I haven't used it for just about 6months now when i tried to put it contained by my bios didn't detect it ,can anyone help me i hold important information within it I know alot about a computer physically but nought about bios

My computer doesn't read my tough drive?

are you trying to run both harddrives? if so did you check the jumper on the back of the harddrives? one should be set to master and the other to slave.
If you trying to plug both drives surrounded by at the same time, one must be a slave (if they are IDE drives) If they are SATA drives, etc... the Drive may be fruitless.



One way to check would be to remove the brand new drive, and try to boot with with the sole purpose the old WD...





EDIT -

With just the older WD drive plugged surrounded by, did you check to make sure the jumper have it set to master?
if u hav checked for pullover setting on the hard drive to put together is master, or maybe u want to install windows again, label ur this hard drive the slave to another intricate drive u were using and rob ur data out from near, take jersey out of this non-working harddrive and connect it to to ur hard drive thru extension of interface chain coming out of master hard drive and power supply from ur rom or somewhere else u hav .


No comments:

Post a Comment