Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mixing DDR2 Ram....Different Speeds?

Ok I enjoy 2 512mb of DDR2 RAM PC 4200(DDR2 533) for a total of 1gb already installed.

I just purchased a set of 2gb (1+1gb) Dual Channel DDR2 PC 6400 (DDR2 800).

I own a total of 4 RAM slots.

I have a Socket AM2 motherboard running a AMD X2 4000+ processor 2000 FSB.

Can I merely add within the dual channel set of RAM or will the two slower 512's slow the total speed down if I have them all installed.

Am I better stale just removing the 2 512's?

What will present me the highest amount of speed for what RAM combo I hold ??

Please give me direction??? I am unsure of the best setup here. Confused.......?

Thanks much appreciated!

Mixing DDR2 Ram....Different Speeds?

yeah remove the PC4200 and put the PC6400 never ever put diff kind of memory. yeah it'll work but itll frustrate you
Remove the slower speed because if you dont the motherboard will slow down the faster hit so it all works.
I really would not recommend that. Get rid of the 512's and put the 2 gigs surrounded by. Newegg has a large amount on the Crucial Ballistix now... 2 Gigs of DDR2 800 for 80 bucks after a 45 letters in rebate.
mixing bump speed doesn't effect any hardware issue. the only entry is that, your speed isn't what you might think it is. preferrably, you should hold all like peas in a pod speed. that will bring out the max speed on your ram. if you be to mix it, it will be ok as well. only check to make sure your motherboard can support those speeds. click here to find knock against http://www.crucial.com

book rental service

No comments:

Post a Comment